Professor, Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE).
Faculty Affiliate, Bridge Engineering Center.
Listed with most current first, includes only those conducted for the Bridge Engineering Center.
- Use of Ultra-High Performance Concrete for Bridge Deck Overlay
- Investigation into Shrinkage of High Performance Concrete Used for Iowa Bridge Decks and Overlays - Phase II Shrinkage Control and Field Investigation
- Cost-Effective Field Test Methods for LRFD Resistance Factors of Drilled Shafts
- Laboratory and Field Evaluation of an Alternative UHPC Mix and an Associated UHPC Bridge
- Verification of LRFD Resistance Factors for Drilled Shafts Using Field Tests
- Design and Performance Verification of a Bridge Column/Footing/Pile System for Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC)
- Static Load Test of a Steel Pile at a Sand Site for Adopting a Higher Resistance Factor
- LRFD Minimum Flexural Reinforcement Requirements
- Seismic Performance of Connections that Facilitate Accelerated Bridge Construction
- SEISMIC: Development and Verification of Concrete Models for Pier Walls and Hollow Columns
- Connection Details and Field Implementation of UHPC Piles - Phase II
- Design of UHPC Waffle Deck Panel System for Broader Bridge Applications
- Shrinkage of High-Performance Concrete Used for Iowa Bridge Decks and Overlays
- Development of Preliminary Load and Resistance Factor Design of Drilled Shafts in Iowa
- Improving the Accuracy of Camber Predictions for Precast Prestensioned Concrete Beams
- Investigation of a Suitable Shear Friction Interface between UHPC and Normal Strength Concrete for Bridge Deck Applications
- Development of a Database for Drilled SHAft Foundation Testing (DSHAFT)
- Structural Characterization of UHPC Waffle Bridge Deck and Connections
- Seismic Performance of an I-Girder to Inverted-Tee Bent Cap Connection
- Establishing a Dynamic Formula for Pile Design and Construction Control of Pile Driving
- Development of LRFD Procedures for Bridge Pile Foundations in Iowa--Volume III: Recommended Resistance Factors with Consideration of Construction Control and Setup
- Development of LRFD Design Procedures for Bridge Piles in Iowa-Volume II: Field Testing of Steel Piles in Clay, Sand, and Mixed Soils and Analysis
- Development of LRFD Procedures for Bridge Piles in Iowa - Volume IV: Design Guide and Track Examples
- Development of LRFD Design Procedures for Bridge Piles in Iowa-Volume I: An Electronic Database for PIle LOad Tests (PILOT)
- Use of Ultra-High Performance Concrete in Geotechnical and Substructure Applications (TR-558)
- Analyze Wind-Loading Data Collected During Hurricane Katrina
- Design and Evaluation of a Single-Span Bridge Using Ultra-High Performance Concrete
- Evaluation of a Prestressed Concrete Bridge Constructed using Ultra High-Performance Concrete
- Identification of the Best Practices for the Design, Construction, and Repair of Bridge Approach Sections
2711 S. Loop Drive, Suite 4700, Ames, Iowa 50010-8664
Phone: 515-294-9501 ~ Fax: 515-294-0467
The Bridge Engineering Center is administered by Iowa State University's Institute for Transportation.
Copyright © 2007–2009, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.