Establishing a Dynamic Formula for Pile Design and Construction Control of Pile Driving
- Terry Wipf, 515-294-6979, email@example.com (project list)
- Muhannad Suleiman, 515-294-6076, firstname.lastname@example.org (project list)
Start date: 01/01/08
End date: 03/31/10
- January 2011, Development of LRFD Procedures for Bridge Pile Foundations in Iowa--Volume III: Recommended Resistance Factors with Consideration of Construction Control and Setup 12.40 mb (*pdf)
- May 2012, Development of LRFD Procedures for Bridge Piles in Iowa--Volume IV: Design Guide and Track Examples 3.83 mb (*pdf)
- Volume IV: Design Guide and Track Examples 509.19 kb *pdf , May 2012
- Volume III: Recommended Resistance Factors with Consideration of Construction Control and Setup 803.32 kb *pdf , February 2012
*To read pdf files, you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Iowa Department of Transportation
Iowa Highway Research Board
About the research
Consistent with Load and Resistance Factor Design specifications, this project will lead to the development of dynamic formulas to design piles and control their installation in the field, focusing on methods suitable for Iowa soil conditions.
2711 S. Loop Drive, Suite 4700, Ames, Iowa 50010-8664
Phone: 515-294-9501 ~ Fax: 515-294-0467
The Bridge Engineering Center is administered by Iowa State University's Institute for Transportation.
Copyright © 2007–2009, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.